Tuesday, September 1, 2009

This Old House 2nd Floor Main Bath

 I'm locating the pics, sorry about this, but I didn't mean to publish until I had the pictures.  OOPS.

Here's a picture of how the room looks now.  The wainscoting  is old and damaged, as is the lavatory.  The tub and enclosure are beyond ugly. 

I'm in the planning stages on this room, collecting ideas and samples.  However I did get the new awning style window in place this year.  (PICTURE)

I can't imagine why someone would place a huge double hung window next to the toilet in their bathroom.  There was no privacy at all.  Not to be too indelicate but a person could sit there and talk to someone weeding next door.  My only guess is that maybe the room wasn't originally a bathroom but was the smallest room and so was "modernized". Where the wall is now visible I can see that the old lath and plaster was covered with drywall.  Looks like it was just nailed on over it.  So I get the pleasure of removing both.  Yummy.

This weekend will be Labor Day Weekend and I plan to celebrate by installing a new toilet in this room as well as an emergency back up one in the basement, and replacing the basement utility sink faucet (if I can get it off).

I bought one of the new "green" toilets that has two types of flushes for the bathroom.  One is for solid waste and uses a bit more water and one is for liquid, using a bit less.  What amazes me is that in discussing this with a couple different salesmen we've all kept straight faces and avoided any "bathroom" humor.
http://www.sterlingplumbing.com/onlinecatalog/toiletsandbathroomsinks/toilets/results.strl?filter[BOWL_SHAPE]=Round+Front     for an example of the type I bought.

See  flanges and toilets in blog for pic of new toilet after install.  I really am glad I got this one.

No comments: