Thursday, September 24, 2009

This Old House Exterior 2009 Slider

The kitchen window and door have been enclosed, and kitchen is as dark as I knew it would be.  All I can tell myself is the new kitchen will look great next year.


The Andersen slider is in and looking very spiffy.  The inside is wood and needs to be stained to match the room but the trim out is great.  Door handle is brushed nickel, learned my lesson about brass.


Warren Glass was here and replaced living room glass that had been damaged,  I've lived with that scotch-taped hole too long.  All the old windows in this house have now been replaced with the exception of the living window and sidelights and the two windows on the stairs.

I hated losing the old wavy glass on the living room window but some idiot had shot a bb gun and broken the pane of glass and the cracking shows it was shot from inside. (Don't think I want to know)  Those stained glass classes I took should help me fix the sidelights, they'll need caming and rebar.  I'm going to price beveled glass but what is there is old, single pane glass.
Last weekend I reglazed the window on the stairs landing and primed the frame.  Luckily the old window replaced in the dining room is the same size 32 H by 42 W (nice odd shape) so once I get it cleaned up I'll be able to trim the frame slightly and use it -- wavy glass and all -- as a storm for this window.

No comments: