Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Decisions and More Decisions

My Decisions?

Well, Here's the OMG picture of what the terracotta paint looked like against the old dirty white paint. Of course I started with the closet, and that is an old pink blanket on the floor but I was certainly wondering what it would take to paint the room a different color. It looked horribly dark, and the beautiful woodwork looked like it just vanished against the wall color.

I decided to have faith and keep on painting. After all, what one person paintith another can re-paintith, or something like that. It must be the paint fumes getting to me! So I kept on painting, and found I needed a second gallon of paint to finish the room.


This is an actual wall. The photo you see taped there was my inspiration for the room. My color matches the darker color of the photo, and I had planned to color wash, at least twice, over this base to get something similar to the color in the pic. I have the glaze and the paint but I'm trying to decide whether to leave well enough alone. The finished color is gorgeous, warm, and cozy.

I know I have to decide soon, but right now I'm putting up the new ceiling fan so I'm buying myself a couple days.

Not an earth shattering decision, definitely not politics but then this is my ordinary life.

No comments: