Thursday, April 22, 2010

Tempus fugit

Einstein is known for his theory of relativity.  His favorite illustration of relativity was to compare a minute spent kissing a beautiful woman to sitting on a hot stove for a minute.  Clockwise they are the same amount of time however one passes faster than the other.

We all feel this, in fact I would love to add to his theory-- I believe the speed at which time passes accelerates as we get older.  When I was young those summer vacations lasted forever, now what seems like days pass and suddenly I'm ten years older and wondering what happened.

There is nothing, I think, to prove the speed and relativity of time than small children.  Three years ago (Yesterday)  these twins weighed less than five pounds each and could fit between my elbow and my hand.  We used one bassinet for both of them. Now they are big kids, go to day care, talk your ear off.....

No comments: